I looked back at the last date I posted a journal entry… & ugh… For a girl who has the goal of posting more regularly… I’ve pretty much blown that so far this year. But, I’m still trying… honest!
So much has been going on & I have so much to post about… so I’ll give you a little outline of things to come…
- New Patterns! - a few months ago I posted about my latest collections - ‘The Shores’ & ‘Sweet Liberty’ - but I never got back with the patterns I released with these collections. They are currently on the website - & you can find them under ‘New Items’ - but I’ll be back to feature them here. (… but a little heads-up… a sale is coming soon!)
- I just sent in a new fabric collection - in fact two new fabric collections!… (which is where the title of this post came from…!) & thought it might be fun for you to know what my process for creating a fabric collection is… so I’ll be putting that together.
- The yardage of my collection ‘The Shores’ has been shipping from Moda this week - so I have some of the pre-cuts & an exclusive kit or two (or three!) up on the website now. (** For those of you who pre-ordered the Moda boxed quilt kit for ‘Prisms’… you are receiving an email about getting your boxed kits to you. (They are sooo pretty!)
- I am (finally!) getting new scrap bundles prepared & on the website! I’ve got several collections - just waiting to be organized & prepped - & because they can become so labor intensive to prep… I’ve come up with a way to make them available that I hope you will love! (i.e. - more bundles - & more fabric variety!) I’m planning to have these ready in time for my ‘Counting my Blessings’ sale coming soon…very soon!
- As I just mentioned - my annual ‘Counting My Blessings’ sale is coming soon! I am trying to get a bunch of fabrics & kit prepped & will let you know the exact dates very very soon! (It will be in early/mid November!!!)
- I have also been doing a lot of thinking about social media lately & the direction it has taken. I have had some definite thoughts about it & I want to share with you the direction I will be taking with it.
So, for now - I hope you will be assured I haven’t fallen off the face of the earth… I’ve just been hunkering down with some business projects & home projects… But I’m still here… (even though it light not seem like it!)… & I’m really going to try to be more present here in my journal/blog.
For the rest of today - I’m off to mow my little lawn (& the new winter grass that has come in!) & plant some of my favorite winter flowers. I love this time of year. I’m in zone 9b (for you gardeners) - so now that the summer heat has subsided - all of my perennial flowering plants are perking back up with a new flush of blooms (I’m looking at you geraniums & pincushion flowers!) & it’s so fun to add new annuals to the mix.
Hope you have a wonderful start to November (one of my favorite months!) & I’ll leave you with my little garden ‘helper’ & I’ll be back… soon!
Merry Christmas Bren. I’m finishing up my second post-fire quilt for our granddaughter Brynn. The generosity of your heart and the Grace fabrics I used in it are going to be an heirloom for their family, who also lost a home. I would love to send you a photo when it’s done. You have touched my life and so many of us see your heart through your work. What a special blessing it is to know you. ❤️
Oh, Bren, it’s SO wonderful to read your latest post! Can’t wait to hear more! In the meantime, please take real good care, and many thanks for sharing the PRECIOUS photo of dear Emmie. She is your garden helper indeed – and so many other wonderful things as well – a true family member. Blessings and peace to both of you. You are a gem – as is Emmie!